Friday 18 January 2013

My experience so far...

My Experience So Far...

Hi my name is Isabel Wilkinson i am 14 years old an i am in year 10. I have been dancing from the age of 3 at Italia Conti Associates Chislehurst. i have perfomed on West End stages e.g. Her Majesty's theatre, Picadilly theartre, Ashcroft theartre, Stag theartre and more.

In 2011 i choreogrphed dances for a Pantomime 'Nursery Rhyme Land' for St John's church in Crystal Palace/Anerley. I had to teach to a group of 3-5 year olds and some 12 year olds and my experience of it really opened my eyes on teaching wise!!!!!

I have also worked with BADS (Beckenham Amateur Dramatics Society). They asked me to choreograph and perform a tap routine and a contemporary dance. It was to raise money for St George's Church Beckenham.

My most recent dance show/piece i did was St George's Church Pantomime 'Sinbad The Sailor' (2012) which i usually act in but i just performed and choreographed two pieces 'Spirit of the Desert and Spirit of the Sea' which was two contrast in dances from a belly dance style to flowy and more contemporary. I had to choose my own music and i chose for my sea dance 'Kenny G's-My Heart Will Go On (instrumenntal) and for my desert dance it was a zumba type song.
I REALLY ENJOYED MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!

In 2012 i took my GCSE Dance course two years early at Italia Conti Chislehurst and i got a 'B' which i was very please with.

I am now currently studying dance at the Brit School for Performing Arts and Technology but this time it is a B-TEC and we study mainly contemporary and jazz. There is a show coming up soon that the year 10's are performing in (it's mainly the year 11's show that years 10's have a piece in it) the show is called 'The Anything Box'. Can't wait to perform our very first show/piece at the Brit School.

No comments:

Post a Comment